Original works of art inspired by our region
- Credit: Archant
Art exhibition at Ipswich Town Hall until Sunday
From the Studio Floor, a national exhibition of art, will be opening its doors in Suffolk for the first time, where it will be showcasing the collective artwork of local artists and art lovers, who live, work or derive inspiration from the region.
The exhibition will be open to the public from 13-15 November 13 to 15, Friday to Sunday, at Gallery 3, Ipswich Town Hall, Cornhill, an informal and relaxed setting for the public to enjoy the work of 25 artists
“With such a rich history of arts in the area, we wanted to bring the show to Suffolk to showcase what the region has to offer and demonstrate that artists can produce wonderful art, wherever they are based. The show will be tantalising the town with the recently completed works from artists’ studio floors as well as giving us a taste of what they will be working on next,” said Jessica Oliver, artist and curator at From the Studio Floor.
More than 150 artists applied for their work to be featured at the show after event organisers invited those who live, work or derive inspiration from the region to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
Due to the tremendous response, the number of artists that will be featured at the show has increased from 20 to 25.
International artist and curator of Ipswich’s ‘The Never-ending Mural’, John D Edwards said: “It’s a very exciting time for the art scene in Ipswich. The region has a very high calibre of talent and this exhibition is an ideal platform to show the community, businesses and fellow artists further afield and in London, a snapshot of what the region has to offer - as it has done so generously for me. An exhibition like this really resonates, inspires and celebrates our creativity, both here and way beyond the region. I am delighted to be involved.”
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
The exhibition is proudly sponsored by Ipswich-based MLM, whose roots are firmly embedded in the town throughout its growth into a national and international multidisciplinary engineering, environmental and building control consultancy.
From the Studio Floor will be open to the public from Friday, November 13 until Sunday, November 15 at Gallery 3, Cornhill, Ipswich.
Entry to the exhibition is free and 15% of all paintings sold will be going to Children in Need.
For more information, visit: www.fromthestudiofloor.co.uk.