Original works of art inspired by our region
- Credit: Archant
Art exhibition at Ipswich Town Hall until Sunday
From the Studio Floor, a national exhibition of art, will be opening its doors in Suffolk for the first time, where it will be showcasing the collective artwork of local artists and art lovers, who live, work or derive inspiration from the region.
The exhibition will be open to the public from 13-15 November 13 to 15, Friday to Sunday, at Gallery 3, Ipswich Town Hall, Cornhill, an informal and relaxed setting for the public to enjoy the work of 25 artists
“With such a rich history of arts in the area, we wanted to bring the show to Suffolk to showcase what the region has to offer and demonstrate that artists can produce wonderful art, wherever they are based. The show will be tantalising the town with the recently completed works from artists’ studio floors as well as giving us a taste of what they will be working on next,” said Jessica Oliver, artist and curator at From the Studio Floor.
More than 150 artists applied for their work to be featured at the show after event organisers invited those who live, work or derive inspiration from the region to get involved.
Due to the tremendous response, the number of artists that will be featured at the show has increased from 20 to 25.
International artist and curator of Ipswich’s ‘The Never-ending Mural’, John D Edwards said: “It’s a very exciting time for the art scene in Ipswich. The region has a very high calibre of talent and this exhibition is an ideal platform to show the community, businesses and fellow artists further afield and in London, a snapshot of what the region has to offer - as it has done so generously for me. An exhibition like this really resonates, inspires and celebrates our creativity, both here and way beyond the region. I am delighted to be involved.”
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 4 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 5 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 8 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
The exhibition is proudly sponsored by Ipswich-based MLM, whose roots are firmly embedded in the town throughout its growth into a national and international multidisciplinary engineering, environmental and building control consultancy.
From the Studio Floor will be open to the public from Friday, November 13 until Sunday, November 15 at Gallery 3, Cornhill, Ipswich.
Entry to the exhibition is free and 15% of all paintings sold will be going to Children in Need.
For more information, visit: www.fromthestudiofloor.co.uk.