Paperchase announces closing date for Ipswich store and makes more price cuts
- Credit: Archant
Stationery chain Paperchase has announced the closing date for its Ipswich town-centre store.
A spokesman said today: 'Paperchase can confirm that they are sad to see the Ipswich store go but will be closing on April 17.
'Until then, they will be offering discounts to their loyal customers in the area.'
The store, in Tavern Street, now has signs in its windows advertising further reductions in its closing down sale, with prices reduced by 30%.
Paperchase opened its Ipswich town centre store nearly 10 years ago, during 2010.
You may also want to watch:
It also has a concession store within Next Home at Martlesham Heath, and shops in Bury St Edmunds, Colchester and Chelmsford.
Other shops in Ipswich which have closed recently include Jessops photographic and camera store, Whittard of Chelsea and Orwells Butchers in Carr Street,
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 'You only get one education' - student never misses day of secondary school
The Health Store - Ipswich in the Buttermarket has also announced that it is due to close at the end of March.
However, there has also been recent good news for the shopping centre. New independent shop Dial Lane Books has opened its doors, and there are plans for Sports Direct to move into the former BHS store, together with new USC and Flannels stores.