Paperchase announces closing date for Ipswich store and makes more price cuts
- Credit: Archant
Stationery chain Paperchase has announced the closing date for its Ipswich town-centre store.
A spokesman said today: 'Paperchase can confirm that they are sad to see the Ipswich store go but will be closing on April 17.
'Until then, they will be offering discounts to their loyal customers in the area.'
The store, in Tavern Street, now has signs in its windows advertising further reductions in its closing down sale, with prices reduced by 30%.
Paperchase opened its Ipswich town centre store nearly 10 years ago, during 2010.
It also has a concession store within Next Home at Martlesham Heath, and shops in Bury St Edmunds, Colchester and Chelmsford.
Other shops in Ipswich which have closed recently include Jessops photographic and camera store, Whittard of Chelsea and Orwells Butchers in Carr Street,
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 3 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
The Health Store - Ipswich in the Buttermarket has also announced that it is due to close at the end of March.
However, there has also been recent good news for the shopping centre. New independent shop Dial Lane Books has opened its doors, and there are plans for Sports Direct to move into the former BHS store, together with new USC and Flannels stores.