The Ipswich recycling firm with an eye on the future
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich recycling firm is investing in the future of the industry and giving the next generation a helping hand.
Sackers Recycling, in Great Blakenham, staged a two week work experience programme for young adults through the Inspire Step Up scheme.
The course provides young adults, aged between 16 and 24, the opportunity to gain industry related training and qualifications.
Combining a mixture of practical on-the-job training and theory training the course proved a success.
MORE: High street shop closures reach record high as Ipswich loses another storeOf the five youngsters who completed the course, three were offered jobs by the well-known recycling firm.
"This was very new to us, and it was more successful than we could have ever expected it to be", said compliance manager Kevin Harrington.
"We had good calibre of students all willing to learn and were reliable and engage. I was really impressed."
Managing director Adrian Dodds added: "Recruiting is hard at the moment, so it's important that we invest in giving these young adults opportunities to grow and support them into careers.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 7 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 8 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 9 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
"We are lucky that we have a varied business that allowed them to try different areas and we could see where their skills were."