Sarah is heading out to Africa to help raise funds for a cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Recruitment firm kicks off fundraising for Sarah’s charity Kilimanjaro adventure
An intrepid employee of the Suffolk-based recruitment company, Spider Recruitment Services, is heading to Tanzania to climb the mighty Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of the children and young person’s cancer charity, CLIC Sargent.
Supported by her colleagues in the Ipswich office, Sarah Hughes, 21, is training to trek the Lemosho route to Kilimanjaro on 7th July. Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa at 5,895m and is considered one of the toughest treks in the world.
No stranger to adventure, Sarah says: “In April 2014 I travelled to Nepal to trek the Himalayas and now my feet are itching again. This is a huge personal challenge and this trip is entirely self-funded, therefore every penny raised will go to CLIC Sargent.”
The recruitment firm’s MD, Michelle Pollard is backing Sarah’s challenge, urging people to get involved in the company’s fundraising which will include Bake Offs and sales in their Ipswich offices to reach a target of £3,000.
Sarah is originally from Stowmarket, and was educated at Debenham High School, and she now works in Ipswich.
Her family live in Claydon.
- 1 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 2 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 3 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 6 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 7 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 8 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 9 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 10 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
Michelle said: “We are so proud of Sarah for taking on this incredible challenge. Our Spider motto is “the recruitment service with legs” and Sarah is certainly proving that to be true.”
CLIC Sargent is a charity close to our hearts and we hope we can raise as much as possible to help more young people with cancer”
Sarah added: “CLIC Sargent work with young people right up to the age of 24 and if I was diagnosed - or one of my friends was diagnosed - I would fit right in to that bracket.
“Although I am fortunate enough to have not been directly affected by cancer in young people, I can only imagine how much it would mean, particularly to a young person when there is already so much to worry about”.
Fundraising manager at CLIC Sargent, Daisy Turner says: “This is an incredible challenge for Sarah to undertake and we are so pleased Spider have chosen to support CLIC Sargent in this way. Michelle is a passionate fundraiser and we are so grateful for her and the Spider team’s support”
To support Sarah’s challenge and donate to CLIC Sargent head to: https://www.justgiving.com/sarah-hugs/
To find out more about CLIC Sargent’s corporate partnership opportunities, contact Daisy Turner on 01284 829090.