Soul music and dancing for Together for Short Lives
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Ipswich dance night to support local children’s hospice
A charity dance night will be held in Ipswich in support of a children’s hospice charity.
Local property specialist Leaders is hosting the event at Gainsborough Labour Club in Landseer Road on Saturday June 4 from 7.30pm.
Attendees will be able to dance the night away to the sounds of MJ Soul.
All proceeds will go to Together for Short Lives, which supports all 54 children’s hospices across the UK, including East Anglia Children’s Hospice (EACH).
Donna Ruiz, a property manager at Leaders in Woodbridge who has organised the charity dance night, says: “Everybody is invited to join us for a fabulous evening of live music and dancing, which we hope will be full of fun for people of all ages.
“MJ Soul is one of East Anglia’s most popular performers and is loved across the region for his smooth and silky voice. We know he will put on a great show to ensure our event goes with a bang.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
“Most importantly of all, we plan to raise plenty of money for our charity partner, Together for Short Lives. All of us at Leaders have seen the work it does at EACH and we want to do all we can to show our support.”
Leaders named Together for Short Lives as its Charity of the Year in 2015 and raised £45,000 for the good cause. It renewed the partnership in 2016 and is aiming to raise a further £50,000 this year.
Tickets for the dance night cost £7.50 and include food.
There will also be a raffle on the night with a number of fantastic prizes up for grabs, added Donna.
For more information or to buy tickets contact Woodbridge@leaders.co.uk or call 01394 380218.