Spotlight on Ipswich - for TV in Korea
- Credit: Archant
University in focus for international television crew
University Campus Suffolk (UCS) has been chosen to feature in a documentary by South Korean broadcasting company KBS.
Staff, students and local organisations have been filmed for the programme which will be broadcast in the spring.
UCS was highlighted to KBS by the Higher Education for Funding Council in England (HEFCE) as a case study to show the positive impact of a university in the local area and community.
Seon-Ju Choi from the London based production team says “KBS is the main and leading public service broadcasting corporation, equivalent to the BBC in UK. Due to reduction of population especially in young generation in South Korea, apart from well-known universities or the ones in our capital, Seoul, many small or medium sized universities especially in smaller cities are struggling with the lack of any support from government or any educational body. Through the programme, we will be exploring good case studies of the small or medium sized universities outside of London. University Campus Suffolk is an ideal example of an institution that has been successful and positively impacted the local community.”
Richard Lister, Provost and Chief Executive of UCS, said “We’re delighted to have been selected for the filming of this programme. Just two universities in the UK were chosen so it is a great privilege that we are able to show, to a new audience, how we work with our local community which was also highlighted in our recent Higher Education Review by the Quality Assurance Agency of Higher Education (QAA).”
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich