Stowmarket/Ipswich: One of Volksagen’s youngest sales managers
- Credit: Archant
Salesman Craig is leading the team
An ambitious Stowmarket salesman is celebrating after landing a senior role at the age of just 24.
Stowmarket born and bred, Craig Daniels, beat off stiff competition to become one of Volkswagen’s youngest sales managers at his local Volkswagen retailer, Barnards.
Craig said: “Becoming a sales manager at 24 is pretty unusual but I am loving every minute. I am extremely proud of what I have achieved so far in my career and look forward to working with the team at Barnards.”
The new job marks a return to Barnards for Craig who started his automotive career there when he was just 14. Bank in January 2013 Craig moved from Barnards when he secured the role of assistant sales manager at another Volkswagen retailer, Ipswich Volkswagen.
You may also want to watch:
After working for the brand for over 10 years and being named the UK’s top salesman for Volkswagen Craig has proved his passion for selling cars.
In his first week back at Barnards his team of three salesmen, one trainee, a business manager and two administrators sold a 2014 record breaking 22 cars.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
He commented on his new role saying: “This is a fantastic opportunity and I am looking forward to facing the new challenges ahead.
“Selling cars is something that I really enjoy, and to be given the chance to really show what I can do is a great honour for me. I feel very passionately about the work I do, and hope this new experience will allow me to flourish as an individual, and help me to continue to shape my skills and further my career.”
Gary Halestrap, brand manager at Barnards Volkswagen, said: “It is great to have Craig back!
“He has proved his dedication and skill and really deserves this promotion. His strong motivation and commitment to his work is a quality that we value and I’m sure our customers will appreciate. ”
Alongside his sales manager role Craig will continue to develop his managerial skills by becoming a Volkswagen approved manager as he undertakes the two-year Volkswagen Training programme at the Milton Keynes head office.