Stowmarket/Ipswich: One of Volksagen’s youngest sales managers
- Credit: Archant
Salesman Craig is leading the team
An ambitious Stowmarket salesman is celebrating after landing a senior role at the age of just 24.
Stowmarket born and bred, Craig Daniels, beat off stiff competition to become one of Volkswagen’s youngest sales managers at his local Volkswagen retailer, Barnards.
Craig said: “Becoming a sales manager at 24 is pretty unusual but I am loving every minute. I am extremely proud of what I have achieved so far in my career and look forward to working with the team at Barnards.”
The new job marks a return to Barnards for Craig who started his automotive career there when he was just 14. Bank in January 2013 Craig moved from Barnards when he secured the role of assistant sales manager at another Volkswagen retailer, Ipswich Volkswagen.
After working for the brand for over 10 years and being named the UK’s top salesman for Volkswagen Craig has proved his passion for selling cars.
In his first week back at Barnards his team of three salesmen, one trainee, a business manager and two administrators sold a 2014 record breaking 22 cars.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 5 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 6 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 8 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
He commented on his new role saying: “This is a fantastic opportunity and I am looking forward to facing the new challenges ahead.
“Selling cars is something that I really enjoy, and to be given the chance to really show what I can do is a great honour for me. I feel very passionately about the work I do, and hope this new experience will allow me to flourish as an individual, and help me to continue to shape my skills and further my career.”
Gary Halestrap, brand manager at Barnards Volkswagen, said: “It is great to have Craig back!
“He has proved his dedication and skill and really deserves this promotion. His strong motivation and commitment to his work is a quality that we value and I’m sure our customers will appreciate. ”
Alongside his sales manager role Craig will continue to develop his managerial skills by becoming a Volkswagen approved manager as he undertakes the two-year Volkswagen Training programme at the Milton Keynes head office.