Chef launches new gourmet burger kit delivery business
- Credit: Fan Johnson
Fancy cooking up your own gourmet burger? A new business being launched in Woodbridge will deliver burger kits to your door.
H&C Burgers is being launched this week by Richard Johnson, who runs Peanut Parties together with wife Fan.
The first burger kits will be delivered from Thursday, February 4, helping people to enjoy a restaurant-style burger at home during lockdown.
He said: "It's something quite new - I don't think many people are doing it.
"We decided to call it H&C burgers after our twin daughters, Holly and Charlotte, who are three."
The twins are too young to understand that the business is called after them, but Mr Johnson said they have enjoyed trying some small pieces of burger.
He said the all-in-one "ultimate burger kits" contain all the ingredients needed to prepare a gourmet burger in under 15 minutes, including special seasoning. The ingredients are all locally sourced.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
The burgers initially available are quarter pounders, quarter pounders with cheese, breaded halloumi burgers and vegan burgers, as well as various extras including hand-cut chips with Cajun and herb seasoning.
Delivery is free within a 12-mile radius of Woodbridge, including most of Ipswich as well as Felixstowe, Kesgrave and Martlesham.
For more details, visit the website or visit @HCBurgersuk on Facebook.