Freight forwarder sees ‘great potential’ in Libya
- Credit: Archant
Freight forwarders Omni Freight Services, has introduced a new service providing clients with shipping to Libya from Felixstowe port.
The Martlesham firm has partnered with HPZ based in Malta, to offer weekly shipping services from the UK, via Malta, and into Libyan ports.
This adds to the already established Malta services Omni offers, operating as agents for Anglo Malta Container Services.
Managing director Andy Wilding said: "We're really pleased to be able to launch this additional service. The export market into Libya provides potential business opportunities for a range of manufacturers and exporters within the UK, as there is significant demand for products that aren't currently available to retailers and commercial businesses based there."
Omni provides a range of sea, road and air freight options to its clients, and added warehousing services to its offering in 2017, in an effort to provide tailored, flexible services to customers big and small.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We're a small business, which gives us the freedom to tailor our services to suit the needs of our customers. Everyone has a different requirement for their goods and we continually look for more ways of ensuring our services meet the needs of our clients.
"We saw the potential based in Libya, and we know that many of the Libyan ports we can now ship to can't be accessed directly from the UK, but by routing through our partners in Malta, we can access these areas and provide a range of options for our clients."
- 1 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 4 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 5 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 6 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
- 9 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 10 Former cop who suffered from PTSD prepares to take on 24-hour marathon