‘We are perfectly situated’ – Superdry reveal hopes for new Ipswich store and hint at opening date
- Credit: James Carr
Superdry is hoping to inspire other premium fashion brands to come to Ipswich with the opening of its new store this summer.
Last week it was revealed the major clothing brand would be building a huge new branch in the town’s Buttermarket shopping centre.
Oliver Tookman was instrumental in bringing the clothing brand to the town in his role as Superdry’s franchise partner.
MORE: Time called on another Suffolk pub as mountain of debt revealed He said: “Ipswich is a rapidly growing town with a discerning customer and we feel, with the growth of the town and the redevelopment of the Buttermarket shopping centre, we are perfectly situated in the town to offer shoppers the opportunity to shop the brand
“I think there is an opportunity in Ipswich to develop the premium fashion retail on offer.
“Hopefully we will be the first of many to open brands in the town.”
Mr Tookman remained tight-lipped on the exact cost of opening the store but said it was a sizeable amount.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It is a big store and it carries a significant investment to open a store of this size.
“We believe there is significant opportunity in the town and we believe we will be best placed in The Buttermarket shopping centre to ensure we are easily accessible for all shoppers.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 6 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 7 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 8 Staff ‘burnt out and tearful’: Whistleblowers raise alarm over hospital maternity safety
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
The franchise partner added: “It is currently undergoing an extensive fit out which includes turning three units into one.”
He also said the new store should be up and running by the end of May.
Mr Tookman said: “Superdry is an iconic brand that offers outstanding quality clothes at a reasonable price for a diverse range of customers.
“We are looking forward to putting our collections to the people of Ipswich.”
The addition of Superdry to The Buttermarket’s current roster caps off an incredible turnaround for the shopping mall.
Since a 2015 more than £25m has been invested in the centre – which now boasts a18,000 sq ft gym, bowling alley, family entertainment centre and a food and drink quarter.