Ipswich’s couples animated cakes have become internet sensation
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich-based specialist cake maker is proving an internet sensation with a range of animated cakes.
The phone hasn’t stopped ringing for Angie Scott Cakes of Ipswich, with calls coming from around the world.
Videos of their wedding and special occasion cakes with colour projections and working parts, have proved an internet sensation.
They have been picked up as far away as Canada, the USA and the Middle East.
The family business, run by Angie and Stuart Harris from their home, specialises in making individual, bespoke cakes.
Stuart said: “It has been absolutely amazing. It has really gone global.
“There has been tremendous interest on our Facebook page and website too.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 6 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 10 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
“With YouTube and across the different platforms, they have been watched over 30 million times, that we know of.
“They have also been featured on some big pages - CNN Arabic, the Discovery Channel and quite a few TV shows and various online places.”
The couple work as a team, with Angie baking and making the cakes and then working together on the animation elements which Stuart, who is a graphic artist and web designer, develops.
He said: “The projection cakes have opened up a whole new career path for me; projection on the side of buildings.
“We did one wedding cake that was all pink, and that was projected.
“We have a wedding in Penrith, a big hall, where I will be projecting on to the side of the building, lighting up the whole house.
“The Prosecco Pouring Cake was developed for a customer’s 60th birthday, but a lot of people say they would love it for their wedding now.
“We have been featured in Perfect Wedding magazine and we took the cakes to the National Wedding Fair at Olympia and there was so much interest.
“We are getting phone calls every day, from around the world.”
Disney-themed cake projections were proving very popular, he added. “We haven’t actually been abroad to do it yet, because of the travel costs. But maybe one day it will happen if someone is very keen.”