‘Mounting debts’ force family-run Ipswich garage to close down after nearly 30 years
- Credit: Archant
A family-run garage has folded after nearly 30 years due to “increasing costs and mounting debts”.
The East Anglian Mini Centre, in Dales Road, Ipswich, has gone into liquidation after stopping trading last month.
The firm, which began in 1989, was just a few months shy of celebrating its 30th anniversary when it was forced to shut.
MORE: Honey + Harvey reveal plans to move into prime Ipswich location It specialised in both classic and BMW Minis and had been the subject of a BBC documentary in 2013.
In statement posted to the company’s official Facebook page, managing director Ted Sparrow outlined the reasons behind the closure.
“It is with much sadness that I have to announce the immediate closure of The East Anglian Mini Centre Ltd, increasing costs and mounting debts have forced the issue,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We nearly made it to 30 years of trading and in this time we have made many friends and would like to thank everyone for their support and custom.”
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 New rules on dog control and fouling proposed for Ipswich parks