‘Mounting debts’ force family-run Ipswich garage to close down after nearly 30 years
- Credit: Archant
A family-run garage has folded after nearly 30 years due to “increasing costs and mounting debts”.
The East Anglian Mini Centre, in Dales Road, Ipswich, has gone into liquidation after stopping trading last month.
The firm, which began in 1989, was just a few months shy of celebrating its 30th anniversary when it was forced to shut.
MORE: Honey + Harvey reveal plans to move into prime Ipswich location It specialised in both classic and BMW Minis and had been the subject of a BBC documentary in 2013.
In statement posted to the company’s official Facebook page, managing director Ted Sparrow outlined the reasons behind the closure.
“It is with much sadness that I have to announce the immediate closure of The East Anglian Mini Centre Ltd, increasing costs and mounting debts have forced the issue,” he said.
“We nearly made it to 30 years of trading and in this time we have made many friends and would like to thank everyone for their support and custom.”
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich