‘Mounting debts’ force family-run Ipswich garage to close down after nearly 30 years
- Credit: Archant
A family-run garage has folded after nearly 30 years due to “increasing costs and mounting debts”.
The East Anglian Mini Centre, in Dales Road, Ipswich, has gone into liquidation after stopping trading last month.
The firm, which began in 1989, was just a few months shy of celebrating its 30th anniversary when it was forced to shut.
MORE: Honey + Harvey reveal plans to move into prime Ipswich location It specialised in both classic and BMW Minis and had been the subject of a BBC documentary in 2013.
In statement posted to the company’s official Facebook page, managing director Ted Sparrow outlined the reasons behind the closure.
“It is with much sadness that I have to announce the immediate closure of The East Anglian Mini Centre Ltd, increasing costs and mounting debts have forced the issue,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We nearly made it to 30 years of trading and in this time we have made many friends and would like to thank everyone for their support and custom.”
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 5 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 6 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows