WATCH: Time lapse video shows new Waterfront building going up
- Credit: Archant
The Hold - the new HQ for the Suffolk Record Office - is beginning to take shape at the University of Suffolk, as this video shows.
The new heritage and archive centre will be the home of the majority of the county's historical documents.
It is also an education centre linked to the University of Suffolk and is being built on their campus, just a short distance from the Waterfront, by contractors RG Carter - who filmed this time lapse video over recent months.
Work on the project started in late 2018 and the building is expected to be externally complete by late summer.
It will then be fitted out internally before being handed over to Suffolk County Council at the end of the year.
It is then expected to take several months to fill it with county records and prepare it for opening - currently planned for Easter 2020.
You may also want to watch:
The total cost of the heritage project is about £20m.
Of that, £10m has come from a Heritage Lottery Fund grant, with £5m from the county council and the rest from a number of other sources including the University of Suffolk.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 6 'Knock at the door it's... Sir Keir Starmer?' Labour leader joins Ipswich bingo night
- 7 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
Video footage: RG Carter.