Coffee chain Tim Hortons to open Ipswich branch later this year
- Credit: Tim Hortons/Fleet Street Communications
Canadian coffee chain Tim Hortons has revealed its new Ipswich restaurant is set to open later this year.
The Ipswich branch will take over the former Pizza Hut unit at Anglia Retail Park, opposite the Asda supermarket just off the A14.
The Pizza Hut restaurant did not reopen after the third Covid lockdown earlier this year.
Bosses at Tim Hortons said the opening of the new store, which is set to welcome its first customers in winter this year, will create more than 50 full- and part-time roles.
The firm already has 32 locations across the UK, with its flagship restaurant in Leicester city centre.
Tim Hortons is well-known in Canada for its coffees, breakfast muffins and pancakes, as well as chicken sandwiches and doughnuts.
The firm's plans to open its latest branch, which includes a drive-thru, were approved by Ipswich Borough Council in June.
You may also want to watch:
Planners gave the scheme the green light subject to conditions surrounding refuse collection and parking.
Founded by former Toronto Maple Leafs hockey player Tim Horton in 1964, the company has more than 4,000 locations worldwide and opened its first UK branch in Glasgow in June 2017.
- 1 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 2 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 3 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 4 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
- 5 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 6 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 7 Roadworks held up by parked Mini
- 8 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 9 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 10 Teenager, 17, charged with possession of offensive weapon after incident
Tim Hortons has announced plans to open up a restaurant in every major UK town or city by the end of next year.
Kevin Hydes, chief commercial officer of Tim Hortons franchise in the UK, said there was "great interest" from the Ipswich community in the new store.
He said: "Opening in a new area of the country is always a momentous occasion for our brand, and so I am delighted we can announce a new restaurant is coming to Ipswich.
"There is great interest from locals and tourists for our famed food and drink offering and we look forward to bringing our Canadian charm to all our fans based in the area.
"We are proud to be recruiting over 50 full and part time roles and we welcome applications from all those passionate about a career in hospitality.
"We will be accepting applications from today via our website and look forward to connecting with the Ipswich community."