Town Topics: National acclaim for Ipswich independents
A number of Ipswich’s Independent businesses have received national recognition within their industries for the quality of their products and services
Urban Vintage, Bijou Boutique and Marianna have all been included in the Drapers “Inspiring Indies 2013” Top 100 Fashion list, highlighting national independent clothing stores that truly excel.
To have one store from Ipswich make it on to this list would be a great achievement but to have three clearly demonstrates the strength of our independent fashion market and the availability of designer brands in our town centre.
In addition to the success of our independent fashion retailers, Image beauty Salon has also been named as “the Best Salon in the UK 2013” at the Professional Beauty Awards.
This national success follows on from Image’s local recognition as the “All About Ipswich Independent Business of the Year 2012”.
You may also want to watch:
Run by the entrepreneurial Sue Carter, Image is at the cutting edge of its profession, offering a wide range of beauty treatments accompanied by outstanding customer service.
It is vital to the success of all town centres that independents are nurtured and supported as they provide a real point of difference from competing locations.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 5 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 6 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 7 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 8 Ipswich nursery rated as 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 9 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
Independent stores are the soul of every town centre, especially in Ipswich, providing its distinguishing features and preventing it from becoming just another “clone town”.
It is important that they are congratulated for their entrepreneurial spirit and for putting Ipswich clearly on the map.