Town Topics: National acclaim for Ipswich independents
A number of Ipswich’s Independent businesses have received national recognition within their industries for the quality of their products and services
Urban Vintage, Bijou Boutique and Marianna have all been included in the Drapers “Inspiring Indies 2013” Top 100 Fashion list, highlighting national independent clothing stores that truly excel.
To have one store from Ipswich make it on to this list would be a great achievement but to have three clearly demonstrates the strength of our independent fashion market and the availability of designer brands in our town centre.
In addition to the success of our independent fashion retailers, Image beauty Salon has also been named as “the Best Salon in the UK 2013” at the Professional Beauty Awards.
This national success follows on from Image’s local recognition as the “All About Ipswich Independent Business of the Year 2012”.
Run by the entrepreneurial Sue Carter, Image is at the cutting edge of its profession, offering a wide range of beauty treatments accompanied by outstanding customer service.
It is vital to the success of all town centres that independents are nurtured and supported as they provide a real point of difference from competing locations.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
Independent stores are the soul of every town centre, especially in Ipswich, providing its distinguishing features and preventing it from becoming just another “clone town”.
It is important that they are congratulated for their entrepreneurial spirit and for putting Ipswich clearly on the map.