tReds shoe shop closes its doors in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A trendy shoe shop chain is the latest store to close its doors in Ipswich - as it is revealed there are more than 100 shop units currently empty in the town.
tReds, in Westgate Street next to Claire's Accessories, has shut up shop and is currently being refitted, however it is not yet known what will replace it.
MORE: See the empty shops, bars and restaurants of Ipswich - mappedThe store is the latest shop closure in the town as new figures, published by Ipswich Borough Council, reveal 113 shop units currently sit empty.
However, other businesses continue to find a home in the town, with big chains such as Aldi, Home Bargains and B&M opening during this year.
It has been a turbulent year for tReds, which collapsed into administration in January citing 'challenges' for the retail sector.
However, in February it was bought by New Gray Ltd, saving the Weymouth-based company's 21 stores across the UK and its online business.
You may also want to watch:
tReds has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car