Ipswich outdoor clothing store to close next month
- Credit: Archant
Outdoor clothing shop Trespass is due to shut its Ipswich store in little over a month.
It was first revealed in May that the Westgate Street store would cease trading, with closing down posters going up in the shop's window to say that all stock must go.
Those posters today show the shop is due to have its last day of trading on Friday, December 6, bringing the latest blow to the town centre.
Westgate Street itself has undergone a bit of a revival in recent times, with independent stores such as Ipswich Outreach and the clothing store New Collections opening up.
In a further boost, Pretzie opened in a popular unit on the corner in September - selling more than 2,000 pretzels in its first week.
You may also want to watch:
But with closing down posters also going up in the Bonmarche store after that firm recently went into administration, it will be a setback for the area.
Other stores in Ipswich to close this year include jeweller Riley & Riley, which left the Buttermarket after 15 years.
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 Churches prepare to open at Quay Place and the former Odeon cinema
- 9 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 10 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
Trespass has been contacted for comment,