Second worker at Ipswich B&M store tests positive for coronavirus while on leave
- Credit: ARCHANT
A B&M store in Ipswich has undergone “enhanced cleaning” after a second staff member tested positive for coronavirus.
The discount retailer confirmed on Monday that a shop worker had received a positive Covid-19 test result while on annual leave.
Today it put out a statement saying a second staff member at the Warren Heath store, who was also on leave, had now tested positive. But five other colleagues who underwent tests as a precaution tested negative for the virus.
A B&M spokesman said: “Two colleagues are self-isolating having tested positive for Covid-19, having contracted the virus on annual leave and not in the store.
“A further five store colleagues have now been tested as a precaution and all those tests have come back negative for the virus.
You may also want to watch:
“The store has undergone enhanced cleaning. The self-isolating guidelines are being carefully followed for any colleagues who came into contact with the infected colleague.”
The chain has a range of social distancing and safety measures in place across all its stores, including providing hand sanitiser and protective screens at checkouts, as well as requiring customers to wear face masks in accordance with the law.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 New rules on dog control and fouling proposed for Ipswich parks
The B&M store moved to its current location, at the site of the former Homebase, last year, from its previous location at Ransomes Europark.
The discounter also has three other stores in Ipswich.