UK: New micro-breweries offering real cask ale
- Credit: Archant
Three new breweries open every week
Three new breweries are opening every week despite the continuing closure of pubs, according to a new report.
The number of breweries is at a 70-year high, showing the popularity of cask ale, which campaigners hope will reverse the decline in pubs.
A new website - Cask Matters - was launched to mark the annual Cask Report, giving information to licensees on how to look after and sell cask ale successfully.
The report said the availability of cask ale “significantly” increased the number of customers visiting a pub.
You may also want to watch:
It argued that pubs were undervaluing cask and could be selling it for more.
Spokesman Paul Nunny said: “Cask ale can help more pubs to become successful and profitable and Cask Matters can equip landlords with the information they need to serve the perfect pint to their customers.”
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 7 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk