Urban regeneration guru says Ipswich is ‘hot hot hot’
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich is hot – seriously hot. These are the words of urban regeneration expert Jackie Sadek.
In her national column and blog she said: “I would tip Ipswich as hot. Seriously hot.”
Jackie Sadek praises the work already being done to revive and boost Ipswich Town centre, by local groups and organisations, including Ipswich Council leader David Elsmere and MP Ben Gummer working together.
“These two politicians (from different side of the political divide), have shown a passion and commitment, and have been gracious and elegant in working together.
“Together they are steering Ipswich into a new era, one of self-belief and growth.”
She talked about the massive new investment in developing the town centre, in the Buttermarket and Sailmakers shopping centres, and other schemes to improve the town centre environment including re-designing the Cornhill open space.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Baxter, chairman of Ipswich Central, which represents local business, welcomed her support.
He said: “It is fantastic to have the support of Jackie, with her influence with the DCLG and government. This is really positive.
- 1 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 2 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
“We are beginning to see improvements and development of the town centre.
“It is really rewarding to see all the hard work that many groups and organisations in Greater Ipswich have put in is being recognised nationally.
“That can only be good for in terms of the future and the success of the town centre.
“She has referred to Ipswich as a great example of regeneration.
“We have still got a way to go but we are certainly moving Ipswich forward.
“The town centre is looking much better, and good for Christmas.
“We are trying to bring other national brands to Ipswich.
“There are already good signs of recovery in the shopping streets of the town.
“You only have to walk along streets like Tavern Street to see it.”