‘Such a loss’ - Ipswich bakery shuts down two stores
- Credit: Archant
An independent Ipswich bakery has closed down two of its stores in the town.
Victoria's Bakery shut down its Norwich Road and Tacket Street branches on Saturday, August 10.
The closures were revealed through a post on the company's official Facebook page.
MORE: Does Ipswich town centre have a problem with empty shops?It states: "After many years Victoria's have closed its Norwich Road and Tacket Street branches.
"We would like to say a huge thank you to our loyal staff and customers."
Following the closures the independent bakery will continue operating its three other branches in the town - in Woodbridge Road, Felixstowe Road and Hawthorn Drive.
You may also want to watch:
The bakery added it was now "looking forward to new adventures with our remaining three shops".
News of the changes provoked an outpouring of support from the firm's army of loyal customers.
- 1 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer joins Ipswich bingo night
- 3 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 4 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 5 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 6 Why you should be heading to Beach Street this Saturday
- 7 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Mum's pride as former Ipswich schoolboy named in Tokyo 2020 Olympics squad
- 10 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
"So sad to hear this news", wrote one customer, "when working in Ipswich I would make the effort to use Norwich Road.
"Wish you all the very best for you next venture and the staff for their future."
Another commented: "Very sad to hear. Will definitely be making the trip to the others - the bread is second to none."