‘Such a loss’ - Ipswich bakery shuts down two stores
- Credit: Archant
An independent Ipswich bakery has closed down two of its stores in the town.
Victoria's Bakery shut down its Norwich Road and Tacket Street branches on Saturday, August 10.
The closures were revealed through a post on the company's official Facebook page.
MORE: Does Ipswich town centre have a problem with empty shops?It states: "After many years Victoria's have closed its Norwich Road and Tacket Street branches.
"We would like to say a huge thank you to our loyal staff and customers."
Following the closures the independent bakery will continue operating its three other branches in the town - in Woodbridge Road, Felixstowe Road and Hawthorn Drive.
The bakery added it was now "looking forward to new adventures with our remaining three shops".
News of the changes provoked an outpouring of support from the firm's army of loyal customers.
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 3 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 7 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 8 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 9 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 10 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
"So sad to hear this news", wrote one customer, "when working in Ipswich I would make the effort to use Norwich Road.
"Wish you all the very best for you next venture and the staff for their future."
Another commented: "Very sad to hear. Will definitely be making the trip to the others - the bread is second to none."