Weddings are a growing business at the Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air
Love is in the air at Isaacs.
The Ipswich Waterfront venue has many different roles - coffee bar, pub, restaurant and venue.
One of those special roles - celebrating weddings is especially growing in popularity.
Marcella McGovern, weddings and event supervisor at Isaacs, said: “We have had a very busy year for weddings.
You may also want to watch:
“Some weekends we have had three weddings, which has made it very hectic.
“We always try and do everything we can to make them special. We have a very good team here.”
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
The Isaacs Wedding Fair in October had been a big success and a further four wedding bookings had been confirmed for 2015.
“We are also taking bookings for 2016,” she added.
“We have 40 booked in for next year and 2016.
“The earliest wedding we have is on January 4. It really kicks off in April. We also offer last-minute wedding packages.”
Before then thoughts were turning the Christmas party season, and other seasonal entertainment.
“We are going to continue with live music, on Sundays, through the winter. Mainly duos and solo performers, and going back to live bands in April. It is every Sunday at 3 pm.”
Isaacs has been known from its special Christmas entertainment, including visiting reindeer.
“We are doing something different this year,” she said, “with our Breakfast With Santa for children on Saturday and Sunday December 20 and 21.
“We will have Santa here and everyone will dress up.”
This year too Isaacs on the Quay would be seeing the new year in and having a free entry New Year’s Party.
“We will have a live DJ, a photobooth which is always popular... and bagpipes at midnight.”
Looking further forward, Marcella is pleased to see development has re-started around the Waterfront including the former Quayside restaurant which is being turned into a new American-themed diner, The Grand Central Bar & Grill, by its new owners.
“It is good to see things happening again. We were sad to see Quayside close.
“We all work together arouund the Waterfront and want everyone to be successful.”
“This really is the place to be.”