'Delight' as Ipswich community set to have Post Office restored
- Credit: Google Street View
A Post Office is being restored to an Ipswich community after they lost their previous one in 2017.
Heath Road Post Office is set to reopen next month, and will be an 11-minute walk away at Broke Hall Convenience on 91-93 Penshurst Road, where it will be known as Penshurst Road Post Office.
Wendy Hamilton, network provision lead at Post Office, said: “We are delighted to be restoring a full-time Post Office to this area of Ipswich, as we know how important Post Office services are to a community.”
The opening hours will be Monday to Sunday: 6am–9pm and it is set to open on Monday, August 23, at 1pm.
The Post Office wants to hear from the public, especially about accessibility, but points out there is a bus service and parking nearby.
You may also want to watch:
You can submit your views via postofficeviews.co.uk, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to Freepost YOUR COMMENTS, telephone 03452 66 01 15 or by textphone 03457 22 33 55 using the branch code 077130 until August 11.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank