Popular Ipswich pub announces reopening date
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Popular Ipswich pub The Thomas Wolsey has announced a provisional reopening date.
The historic pub, in St Peter’s Street, said on its Facebook page: “We are currently planning to reopen on Monday, September 7.
“This is a provisional date as things are continually changing but we hope to be able to welcome you back to The Thomas Wolsey in September.
“We will update you nearer the time with details of how the “new normal” will look!”
Customers have commented they are looking forward to the reopening, with one posting: “I’ll be down for a glass of something chilled.”
You may also want to watch:
Although many Ipswich pubs have reopened since bars and restaurants were given the green light to reopen in July, others are still currently closed, as they put safety measures in place to protect customers and staff.
The Dove Street Inn, another popular pub in the town centre, has not yet announced its reopening date.
- 1 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 2 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
Landlord Ady Smith said: “Once we feel confident that our staff and customers will be safe, we will open, but only then.”