WATCH: Take a walk around the Winerack apartments at Ipswich waterfront
- Credit: Picture: WHAT ASSOCIATES
Video shows completed Winerack apartments at Ipswich waterfront with first walk around inside – after the famous skeleton building stood unfinished for almost a decade.
The completion of the Winerack building at Ipswich marina has felt like it would never end, but now the 150-apartment complex is finished and has transformed the waterfront space.
The apartments cost from £325,000 up to £475,000 for one of the fourth floor penthouses.
More: First look inside £475k Winerack penthouse – plus a stunning timelapse showing the viewWhat has now become known as the Winerack was originally the second tower of the Regatta Quay project started by development company City Living in 2007.
This was aimed at transforming the former Paul’s Maltings site – and the first tower and former Maltings buildings were completed within three years.
However, City Living was reliant on finance from Irish banks, and when this sector collapsed during the financial crisis the developers were forced to stop work and call in receivers in early 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The skeleton of the second block was left empty and became known as the Winerack. It was eventually bought by local developer John Howard in 2014.
Now the building has completely transformed the waterfront.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 10 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark