Busses replace trains on London line
TRAIN services to London were suspended today following a gas leak near Colchester station.Temporary bus services are currently operating between Ipswich and Marks Tey and these are expected to continue until 3pm.
TRAIN services to London were suspended today following a gas leak near Colchester station.
Temporary bus services are currently operating between Ipswich and Marks Tey and these are expected to continue until 3pm.
An Essex police spokesman said the leak occurred in North Station Road, Colchester at 10.45am and is believed to have been caused by workmen who fractured a gas main.
Peter Meades of Anglia Railways said the station at Colchester was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
You may also want to watch:
"There is nothing going in or our of Colchester at the moment (12.15pm) and the overhead power cables at the station have been turned off."
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 10 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence