Busses replace trains on London line
TRAIN services to London were suspended today following a gas leak near Colchester station.Temporary bus services are currently operating between Ipswich and Marks Tey and these are expected to continue until 3pm.
TRAIN services to London were suspended today following a gas leak near Colchester station.
Temporary bus services are currently operating between Ipswich and Marks Tey and these are expected to continue until 3pm.
An Essex police spokesman said the leak occurred in North Station Road, Colchester at 10.45am and is believed to have been caused by workmen who fractured a gas main.
Peter Meades of Anglia Railways said the station at Colchester was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
"There is nothing going in or our of Colchester at the moment (12.15pm) and the overhead power cables at the station have been turned off."
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended