Busses replace trains on London line
TRAIN services to London were suspended today following a gas leak near Colchester station.Temporary bus services are currently operating between Ipswich and Marks Tey and these are expected to continue until 3pm.
TRAIN services to London were suspended today following a gas leak near Colchester station.
Temporary bus services are currently operating between Ipswich and Marks Tey and these are expected to continue until 3pm.
An Essex police spokesman said the leak occurred in North Station Road, Colchester at 10.45am and is believed to have been caused by workmen who fractured a gas main.
Peter Meades of Anglia Railways said the station at Colchester was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
You may also want to watch:
"There is nothing going in or our of Colchester at the moment (12.15pm) and the overhead power cables at the station have been turned off."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm