Busy night for firefighters
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to a blaze in a terraced house in Felixstowe.And another blaze broke out in a house in Stowmarket.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to two house fires in Suffolk on Tuesday evening.
They were called to a house in Felixstowe after a fire started in the front room of a two storey end terrace property.
Emergency services were at the scene in High Road West for some time on Tuesday evening.
Meanwhile a family in Stowmarket had to be given oxygen therapy last night after a grill pan caught fire in their kitchen.
Fire crews were called to the incident in Spencer Way, on the Chilton Hall estate, at 5.25pm to reports of a cooker fire.
On their arrival they discovered the kitchen area of the house was completely full of smoke and an ambulance was called after it was discovered some members of the household had breathed in the fumes.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Transport is patients' top priority in new medical centre plans
The father of the family, who did not want to be named, said last night they were all well now and they would have to begin the process of dealing with the damage.
Samantha Whomes, who lives a few doors away from the affected property, said: “I saw the fire engines pull up outside the house here because it could not fit through. There was also a police car and an ambulance I think.
“They have two little girls and I saw the windows were open but I did not see what happened. They (emergency services) were here about an hour.”
A spokesperson for the fire service said a crew from Stowmarket and Needham Market attended the scene.
“It was inspection only,” he said. “It had already been extinguished.”
“There was light smoke logging to the kitchen and we just removed the grill pan to outside and ventilated the property.”