Busy night for Suffolk firefighters
FIREFIGHTERS from Suffolk were called to two major fires overnight.Investigators believe a fire in a derelict cottage at Haughley, near Stowmarket, may have been started delibrately.
FIREFIGHTERS from Suffolk were called to two major fires overnight.
Investigators believe a fire in a derelict cottage at Haughley, near Stowmarket, may have been started delibrately.
The blaze, in Wetherden Road, Haughley, was reported shortly after 9pm and firefighters from Stowmarket and Elmswell took about two hours to bring it under control.
Firefighters from Ipswich and Woodbridge spent much of the night at a barn fire in Sandy Lane, Martlesham.
You may also want to watch:
About 100 tonnes of straw was destroyed in the blaze – but the firefighters prevented it from spreading to nearby piggery.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 New walking trail explores 'key role' Suffolk played in Anglo-Saxon history
- 7 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 8 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head
- 9 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart