Busy night for Suffolk firefighters
FIREFIGHTERS from Suffolk were called to two major fires overnight.Investigators believe a fire in a derelict cottage at Haughley, near Stowmarket, may have been started delibrately.
FIREFIGHTERS from Suffolk were called to two major fires overnight.
Investigators believe a fire in a derelict cottage at Haughley, near Stowmarket, may have been started delibrately.
The blaze, in Wetherden Road, Haughley, was reported shortly after 9pm and firefighters from Stowmarket and Elmswell took about two hours to bring it under control.
Firefighters from Ipswich and Woodbridge spent much of the night at a barn fire in Sandy Lane, Martlesham.
About 100 tonnes of straw was destroyed in the blaze – but the firefighters prevented it from spreading to nearby piggery.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business