Busy night for Wattisham crew
WATTISHAM air crew rescued a man from mud flats, during a busy night.The search and rescue team was called out to help Essex emergency services who were struggling to retrieve the man from mud in the River Crouch.
WATTISHAM air crew rescued a man from mud flats, during a busy night.
The search and rescue team was called out to help Essex emergency services who were struggling to retrieve the man from mud in the River Crouch.
He was winched to safety and taken to Southend Hospital at about 6.30pm yesterday.
The helicopter was back at the hospital not long after leaving, this time carrying a man suffering from spinal injuries after being in a smash just outside Southend.
You may also want to watch:
But that was not the end of the crew's Essex work last night.
On the way back to base the helicopter was called to Colchester where a light aircraft was having engine problems as it attempted to land at just before 7.45pm. But the craft was able to land safely and the air crew's services were not required.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 8 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 9 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder