Busy night for Wattisham crew
WATTISHAM air crew rescued a man from mud flats, during a busy night.The search and rescue team was called out to help Essex emergency services who were struggling to retrieve the man from mud in the River Crouch.
WATTISHAM air crew rescued a man from mud flats, during a busy night.
The search and rescue team was called out to help Essex emergency services who were struggling to retrieve the man from mud in the River Crouch.
He was winched to safety and taken to Southend Hospital at about 6.30pm yesterday.
The helicopter was back at the hospital not long after leaving, this time carrying a man suffering from spinal injuries after being in a smash just outside Southend.
You may also want to watch:
But that was not the end of the crew's Essex work last night.
On the way back to base the helicopter was called to Colchester where a light aircraft was having engine problems as it attempted to land at just before 7.45pm. But the craft was able to land safely and the air crew's services were not required.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail