Cab driver dies in collision with bus
A MAN has died after his car was in a head on collision with a coach on a Suffolk road today.The man, believed to be a taxi driver, collided with the bus on the A143 between Ixworth and Great Barton at around 7.
A MAN has died after his car was in a head on collision with a coach on a Suffolk road today.
The man, believed to be a taxi driver, collided with the bus on the A143 between Ixworth and Great Barton at around 7.30am today.
His death brings the death toll on Suffolk's roads to 39 this year, compared to 43 for the whole of last year.
Two weeks ago six people died in accidents spanning just four days in the county.
Today road diversions had to be put in place at the junction of the A143 and the A1088 following the crash which had taken place on a bend in the road near to the Bunbury Arms pub, in Great Barton.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 6 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 7 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 8 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 9 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle