Cabinet minister visits Ipswich school
CHILDREN'S secretary Ed Balls MP paid a visit to Ipswich today to tour a school being heralded as a leading light in the area.Accompanied by Ipswich MP Chris Mole, Mr Balls toured Stoke High School, a specialist technology school to get the low down on its success.
CHILDREN'S secretary Ed Balls MP paid a visit to Ipswich today to tour a school being heralded as a leading light in the area.
Accompanied by Ipswich MP Chris Mole, Mr Balls toured Stoke High School, a specialist technology school to get the low down on its success.
He also took in a school performance of Oliver Twist.
Mr Balls said: “Chris Mole has been saying to me for some months since I got this job that it (Stoke High) is a school I really should come and see.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a very impressive school with a good headteacher and very good inspection results from Ofsted.
“It shows just what can be done.”
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park
Stoke Park School was judged by Ofsted to be an outstanding school in November 2006 - the first high school in Suffolk to achieve this status.
It has been a specialist technology school since 2004.