Cruise ship star’s inspirational words of wisdom to students at old college
- Credit: Archant
A cruise ship star had some inspiring messages for students when he stopped off at his former college on his return from a round the world trip.
Caine Sobers studied performing arts at Suffolk New College before achieving a first-class honours degree in dance from Leicester’s Addict Dance Academy and going on to become a professional dancer.
The 23-year-old from Ipswich met former teacher Imogen Fraser and current students at Suffolk New College, giving a two-hour masterclass in commercial dance.
“It’s good to be home and come back and teach as it makes me appreciate my job even more,” Mr Sobers said.
“I feel lucky to be doing what I do – and it all stems from Suffolk New College.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sobers has another cruise ship contract lined up for February 2019 in Europe with Costa Cruises.
He added: “My agent has got me an audition for The Lion King – so fingers crossed. Hopefully the West End is on the horizon.”
- 1 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 2 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 3 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 4 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 7 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 8 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
Nyah Bardwell, 17, from Ipswich, who is on the Level Three Performing Arts course, said: “We had a workshop with Caine and it was exciting.