Cruise ship star’s inspirational words of wisdom to students at old college
- Credit: Archant
A cruise ship star had some inspiring messages for students when he stopped off at his former college on his return from a round the world trip.
Caine Sobers studied performing arts at Suffolk New College before achieving a first-class honours degree in dance from Leicester’s Addict Dance Academy and going on to become a professional dancer.
The 23-year-old from Ipswich met former teacher Imogen Fraser and current students at Suffolk New College, giving a two-hour masterclass in commercial dance.
“It’s good to be home and come back and teach as it makes me appreciate my job even more,” Mr Sobers said.
“I feel lucky to be doing what I do – and it all stems from Suffolk New College.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sobers has another cruise ship contract lined up for February 2019 in Europe with Costa Cruises.
He added: “My agent has got me an audition for The Lion King – so fingers crossed. Hopefully the West End is on the horizon.”
- 1 US investors 'on verge' of buying Ipswich Town and appointing Paul Cook as manager
- 2 The Ipswich pubs preparing to reopen beer gardens on April 12
- 3 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping at Suffolk beauty spot
- 4 Patio doors smashed during house raid
- 5 Are you in our photos from Ipswich nightspot Brannigans in 2003?
- 6 Murder investigation into death of woman at Ipswich flat dropped
- 7 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Calls go 'through the roof' at Ipswich hair salon after lockdown lifting news
- 9 Elderly man jailed for historic sex crimes against young girls
- 10 Grieving family's distress after NHS asks for compensation to be paid back
Nyah Bardwell, 17, from Ipswich, who is on the Level Three Performing Arts course, said: “We had a workshop with Caine and it was exciting.