Callous conman dupes OAP
A CALLOUS conman stole an 81-year-old woman's purse after claiming there had been a water explosion at her neighbour's home.The burglar called at the pensioner's Valley Road home at 5pm yesterday asking to check her kitchen pipes.
A CALLOUS con man stole an 81-year-old woman's purse after claiming there had been a water explosion at her neighbour's home.
The burglar called at the pensioner's Valley Road home at 5pm yesterday asking to check her kitchen pipes.
He left after stealing her purse from the sitting room when the woman's suspicions were aroused and she asked for ID.
The man is described as white, medium height and aged about 17 to 18. He had a slim build with short dark hair and was clean shaven.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Detective Constable Stuart Williams at the Burglary Distraction Unit on 01473 613881.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge