Car fire and multi-car crash disrupt traffic on A14
- Credit: Archant
A car fire and a multi car crash disrupted traffic on the A14 this morning with a lane remaining closed.
Around 9am police and fire crews were called to a crash involving multiple vehicles on the eastbound slip of the A14 at Claydon.
One person had to be freed from their car by fire crews as they were physically trapped. The ambulance service also treated at least one person for minor injuries.
Highways were also called after damage was caused to the central reservation barrier – work fixing the barrier has not yet been completed.
Then police and fire were called just before 9.30 to reports of a car fire on the eastbound A14 at Risby.
You may also want to watch:
A lane has been closed while work is carried out to fix damage to the road surface but according to the AA Traffic Map, traffic is coping well.
This comes after a rolling road block was put in place on the westbound A14 from Claydon during rush hour.
- 1 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 2 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 3 Man who took knife to confrontation is jailed
- 4 Orwell Bridge re-opens following wind speed drop
- 5 Plans for 190 homes on edge of Ipswich 'poorly conceived' say councillors
- 6 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 7 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 8 Man fined after using woman's bank card at Ipswich kebab shop and taxi rank
- 9 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 10 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre