Camp site may be given go-ahead
A CAMP site may be given the green light at Suffolk Ski Centre.Councillors are considering a planning application for a touring caravan site at Wherstead, near an area of outstanding beauty, tomorrow.
A CAMP site may be given the green light at Suffolk Ski Centre.
Councillors are considering a planning application for a touring caravan site at Wherstead, near an area of outstanding beauty, tomorrow.
If the scheme gets the go-head a meadow north of the centre's golf range will make way for 18 caravan pitches and a timber framed wash block.
Babergh Councillors received three letters of objection from residents living near the Bourne Hill leisure facility who were concerned it would spoil the area.
They argue if the proposal gets the thumbs up it would lead to an increase in traffic and pave the way to possible building of new homes in the future.
It is thought the facility, which will not be seen from the A137, will be used April to September. It will also include an area for two tents.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich
Last year councillors refused an application for a change of use of the site to a touring caravan and camping site on landscape grounds.
Officers have recommended this latest scheme is granted approval but subject to a number of conditions.
These include landscaping, the restriction of position and number of caravans and tents and a one way system for vehicles entering and leaving the site.
N What do you think? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk