Camp site may be given go-ahead
A CAMP site may be given the green light at Suffolk Ski Centre.Councillors are considering a planning application for a touring caravan site at Wherstead, near an area of outstanding beauty, tomorrow.
A CAMP site may be given the green light at Suffolk Ski Centre.
Councillors are considering a planning application for a touring caravan site at Wherstead, near an area of outstanding beauty, tomorrow.
If the scheme gets the go-head a meadow north of the centre's golf range will make way for 18 caravan pitches and a timber framed wash block.
Babergh Councillors received three letters of objection from residents living near the Bourne Hill leisure facility who were concerned it would spoil the area.
You may also want to watch:
They argue if the proposal gets the thumbs up it would lead to an increase in traffic and pave the way to possible building of new homes in the future.
It is thought the facility, which will not be seen from the A137, will be used April to September. It will also include an area for two tents.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
Last year councillors refused an application for a change of use of the site to a touring caravan and camping site on landscape grounds.
Officers have recommended this latest scheme is granted approval but subject to a number of conditions.
These include landscaping, the restriction of position and number of caravans and tents and a one way system for vehicles entering and leaving the site.
N What do you think? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e mail to email@example.com or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk