Can you answer these GCSE questions designed for pupils in Year 11?
- Credit: PA
Thousands of students across Suffolk and north Essex are preparing to sit their GCSEs - but can you answer some of the questions?
Year 11 pupils will be taking exams in a range of subjects - from English and maths to sciences, history and geography to art and sport to languages.
For GCSE pupils, this year is significant as it will see the introduction of a new grading system, which replaces traditional letter grades with a numerical scale.
Children’s charity Childline has warned parents to be alert for symptoms of stress in pupils - and said last year it gave more than 3,100 counselling sessions related to exam stress.
This exams season also marks 30 years since the last set of O-Levels were taken in 1987, before GCSEs were introduced the following year.
You may also want to watch:
With exam season now underway, we’ve pulled together 10 multiple-choice GCSE exam questions taken from past and practice papers over the last few years.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions