Can you beat this ‘monster’ of a sunflower grown by a nine-year-old from Ipswich?
- Credit: Archant
A green-fingered youngster from Ipswich is challenging people in the town to beat her 14ft sunflower grown throughout the summer holidays.
The towering plant, which currently stands at 14ft high, is almost three times the height of nine-year-old Emmie Taylor.
She decided to plant sunflower seeds in an attempt to grow the tallest sunflower possible by the end of the summer holidays.
Now she is asking fellow gardeners to top her impressive plant, which she described as a “monster”.
Emmie said: “I planted it because I really like sunflowers, it’s so high, it’s a monster.”
Her father Steve added: “We’re really proud of Emmie’s sunflower and we think it might be the highest in Ipswich this summer.
“We’re going to save the seeds and try and beat the 14ft next year.
- 1 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 2 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 3 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 6 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 7 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Why has my car been covered in dust?
“We also want to know if anyone else has managed to grow a plant higher than Emmie’s.”
Can you beat it? Send your sunflower photos to firstname.lastname@example.org