Cannabis leads man to court
AN IPSWICH man arrested for being drunk and disorderly was found in possession of a small amount of cannabis resin at a police station, a court heard.South East Suffolk magistrates heard Scott Bennett was given the drug from a friend earlier that day.
AN IPSWICH man arrested for being drunk and disorderly was found in possession of a small amount of cannabis resin at a police station, a court heard.
South East Suffolk magistrates heard Scott Bennett was given the drug from a friend earlier that day. He was found carrying it after he was arrested for the unrelated offence.
The 28-year-old roofer first claimed he found the cannabis on the floor of the custody suite at the police station "but it wasn't the case," said Anita Addison, prosecuting.
Nikki Miller, mitigating, told the court Bennett was "heavily under the influence of alcohol and there was some misapprehension about how he came into possession of the cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "It was nothing more than a spliff full which was given to him earlier that day. He had been out drinking and his friend asked him would he like this."
In sentencing bench chairwoman, Sue Humphrey, said: "This was a very small amount of cannabis which you may have forgotten was even in your possession."
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
Bennett of Ulster Avenue, Ipswich, was fined £25 after he pleaded guilty to being in possession of the resin.