Cannabis leads man to court
AN IPSWICH man arrested for being drunk and disorderly was found in possession of a small amount of cannabis resin at a police station, a court heard.South East Suffolk magistrates heard Scott Bennett was given the drug from a friend earlier that day.
AN IPSWICH man arrested for being drunk and disorderly was found in possession of a small amount of cannabis resin at a police station, a court heard.
South East Suffolk magistrates heard Scott Bennett was given the drug from a friend earlier that day. He was found carrying it after he was arrested for the unrelated offence.
The 28-year-old roofer first claimed he found the cannabis on the floor of the custody suite at the police station "but it wasn't the case," said Anita Addison, prosecuting.
Nikki Miller, mitigating, told the court Bennett was "heavily under the influence of alcohol and there was some misapprehension about how he came into possession of the cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "It was nothing more than a spliff full which was given to him earlier that day. He had been out drinking and his friend asked him would he like this."
In sentencing bench chairwoman, Sue Humphrey, said: "This was a very small amount of cannabis which you may have forgotten was even in your possession."
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Walking back to happiness - 18 great trails to follow and a festival
Bennett of Ulster Avenue, Ipswich, was fined £25 after he pleaded guilty to being in possession of the resin.