Cannabis seized in resort drugs swoop
FORENSIC experts are today examining a hoard of cannabis plants seized in a raid on an address at Felixstowe.Police at Felixstowe confiscated a quantity of cannabis plants after they swooped yesterday morning on the home of a 59-year-old man.
By Richard Cornwell
FORENSIC experts are today examining a hoard of cannabis plants seized in a raid on an address at Felixstowe.
Police at Felixstowe confiscated a quantity of cannabis plants after they swooped yesterday morning on the home of a 59-year-old man.
The man – who has not been named – was arrested and was quizzed at the town's police station yesterday afternoon.
Five cannabis plants, each between five feet and six feet tall, were recovered from a greenhouse after police from Felixstowe, with back-up from the Operational Support Group, raided the premises.
The man was later released on police bail and was bailed to return to Felixstowe police station on October 27.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 10 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
A police spokesman said that experts would in the meantime study the crop of cannabis plants as evidence.
The action was part of the ongoing Operation Crackdown campaign to tackle drugs supply and misuse.
It follows a series of raids at the resort last when six people were arrested, five of them in connection with class A drugs heroin and cocaine, plus cannabis.
n Anyone with information about drug dealing in their area can call the Suffolk police Crackdown hotline on freephone 0800 253 253.
If the information is specifically about drugs in Felixstowe people can call Felixstowe police on 01473 383311.