Cannabis seized in resort drugs swoop
FORENSIC experts are today examining a hoard of cannabis plants seized in a raid on an address at Felixstowe.Police at Felixstowe confiscated a quantity of cannabis plants after they swooped yesterday morning on the home of a 59-year-old man.
By Richard Cornwell
FORENSIC experts are today examining a hoard of cannabis plants seized in a raid on an address at Felixstowe.
Police at Felixstowe confiscated a quantity of cannabis plants after they swooped yesterday morning on the home of a 59-year-old man.
The man – who has not been named – was arrested and was quizzed at the town's police station yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Five cannabis plants, each between five feet and six feet tall, were recovered from a greenhouse after police from Felixstowe, with back-up from the Operational Support Group, raided the premises.
The man was later released on police bail and was bailed to return to Felixstowe police station on October 27.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
A police spokesman said that experts would in the meantime study the crop of cannabis plants as evidence.
The action was part of the ongoing Operation Crackdown campaign to tackle drugs supply and misuse.
It follows a series of raids at the resort last when six people were arrested, five of them in connection with class A drugs heroin and cocaine, plus cannabis.
n Anyone with information about drug dealing in their area can call the Suffolk police Crackdown hotline on freephone 0800 253 253.
If the information is specifically about drugs in Felixstowe people can call Felixstowe police on 01473 383311.