Orwell Bridge in Ipswich clear after crash involving lorry and car
- Credit: Archant
Traffic has returned to normal on the Orwell Bridge after a crash involving a car and a lorry this morning.
Emergency services were called shortly before 8.20am to the westbound carriageway, where a car and a lorry have been involved in a crash.
A police spokeswoman said the accident had blocked the carriageway, with the lorry currently in the middle of the carriageway.
The left hand lane on the westbound carriageway re-opened as of 9.20am, with the road fully cleared shortly after 10am.
A police spokesman said there were only minor injuries involved.
A further crash also happened on the A14 westbound at Rougham, where a crash involving multiple vehicles was initially reported.
Suffolk police officers were called at 8.05am to the crash, with firefighters from Suffolk Fire and Rescue also attending.
- 1 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 2 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 10 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
A fire service spokesman said the crash had involved three vehicles, two of which were on fire.
A fire crew each from Ixworth and Elsmwell attended and used hose reels to tackle the flames.
Both lanes were initially blocked, but one has now re-opened.
It is understood the fire caused some damage to the asphalt in the second of the two lanes, meaning the lane has remained closed.
Officers are still at the scene.