Car back home - with help from friends
A former soldier turned detective to track down his stolen car - and even stole it back.
IPSWICH: A former soldier turned detective to track down his stolen car - and even stole it back.
Today Roan Webb's Peugeot 406 is back where it belongs after he launched his own investigation by sending out a text to everyone in his address book telling them of the theft.
A frantic text trail ensued as friends spotted the car around the town and Mr Webb embarked on the chase to recover the vehicle.
But each time the chase resulted in a dead end until the early hours of one October morning when his luck turned.
You may also want to watch:
For the full story see tonight's Evening Star.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood