Car boot sale to raise cash for charity
RUMMAGE through your loft today and your unwanted goods could raise cash for charity tomorrow.That's when the Holiday Inn in Ipswich is holding its second car boot sale in aid of the Evening Star Press Ball.
RUMMAGE through your loft today and your unwanted goods could raise cash for charity tomorrow.
That's when the Holiday Inn in Ipswich is holding its second car boot sale in aid of the Evening Star Press Ball.
With all of the cash going directly to Suffolk charity Disability Care Enterprise (DCE) what better reason to clear out the attic?
DCE is a Suffolk charity which helps buy equipment to enhance the lives and children and adults with diabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Gillingham, sales and marketing manager at the London Road hotel, said: "It is a really worthwhile cause where children and adults from Suffolk benefit.
"It is always good to help charity but helping in the place where you live and work is really important."
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 3 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 4 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 5 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 6 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 7 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 8 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
The boot sale will take place tomorrow from 11am to 3pm and will be more a fete than a sale.
The hotel has hired a fire engine so children can meet fire fighters and learn about their job and they are also hoping to have a bouncy castle to keep the little ones entertained on the day.
The Press Ball is now in its eighth year and has so far raised more than £160,000 for DCE.
The Starry Potter themed event will take place on Friday, June 25 at the County Hotel in Copdock with all money raised on the night going to the DCE.
This year organisers are hoping to top the £20,000 mark with the Holiday Inn hoping to raise £1,000 from Sunday's event.
A raffle has also been organised to coincide with the boot sale with three weekends away, gym membership and beauty treatments up for grabs.
Tickets for the raffle can be bought on the day but those who cannot make the event can buy them from the hotel in advance.
N Tickets for the Press Ball have now sold out but donations can still be made to the Press Ball Fund. They should be made payable to Disability Care Enterprise and sent c/o Geraldine Thompson, Editor's Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN.