Car collides with barriers on docks
A CAR has crashed into railings in Ipswich and was discovered by police officers this morning.
A CAR has crashed into railings on the docks in Ipswich this morning causing severe damage to the barriers.
Police officers called in the crash at about 7.30am after discovering a blue Vauxhall Corsa had collided with the railings next to Neptune Square in Fore Street.
The car ripped through one section of the metal barriers along the road causing widespread damage to the front off-side of the vehicle.
The car is believed to be registered within a few miles of the crash site and officers are trying to find the owners as the vehicle had been left empty at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The car was moved a few feet away from the main carriageway by police officers, avoiding traffic hold-ups during the busy morning rush hour.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved