Car comes off road close to Suffolk Food Hall in Wherstead
- Credit: Archant
A car has come off the road and crashed in to a hedge near Suffolk Food Hall in Wherstead on the outskirts of Ipswich.
Police were called at around 3.30pm today, Monday, July 31, after receiving reports that a Saab car has come of the road on The Strand, the road that runs under the Orwell Bridge towards Freston.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said early reports suggest no-one was seriously injured in the collision.
He said: “The vehicle has gone into a hedge. “It doesn’t appear that there are any serious injuries.
“An ambulance has been called to the scene just to check the driver over.
“Recovery of the vehicle has been requested by police.”
He said one lane of the road had been partially blocked but there doesn’t appear to be any serious disruption to traffic in the area.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 4 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 7 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 8 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 9 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
- 10 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
He warned there may be delays in the area while the vehicle is recovered.