Car crashes through garden wall
A WICKHAM Market woman has been reliving the moment when a car came crashing through her garden wall.Natasha Newton, 28, who lives at Simon's Cross with her boyfriend, Mark Howlett, 27, was alone in her house when she heard an almighty bang.
A WICKHAM Market woman has been reliving the moment when a car came crashing through her garden wall.
Natasha Newton, 28, who lives at Simon's Cross with her boyfriend, Mark Howlett, 27, was alone in her house when she heard an almighty bang.
She said: "It sounded like a bomb going off. It was extremely loud and there was the sound of crumbling brick work."
After hearing the bang, Natasha rushed upstairs to look out of her bedroom window and was shocked to see her garden wall in pieces and a white car nudging into her back garden.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I wasn't aware of where the noise was coming from and I was quite shocked to find it was my garden wall."
The female driver, believed to be around 77-years-old, is believed to have driven straight across a junction without stopping and carried on into the wall. She suffered no injuries from her bash but was said to be slightly dazed.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 7 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
It is believed that the driver had suffered a temporary blackout, although she was not taken to hospital.
No serious damage was done to the garden itself, although a street lamp was knocked over and a live wire had to be made safe.
Natasha, who is an artist, said: "We had been working in the garden recently but luckily we hadn't really done that much on the side that she hit.
"We have tried to clear up the bricks but we are waiting to find out about what is going to happen with the wall first."
The couple, who have lived at their house for 20 months, say nothing like this has ever happened before.