Car crashes through garden wall
A WICKHAM Market woman has been reliving the moment when a car came crashing through her garden wall.Natasha Newton, 28, who lives at Simon's Cross with her boyfriend, Mark Howlett, 27, was alone in her house when she heard an almighty bang.
A WICKHAM Market woman has been reliving the moment when a car came crashing through her garden wall.
Natasha Newton, 28, who lives at Simon's Cross with her boyfriend, Mark Howlett, 27, was alone in her house when she heard an almighty bang.
She said: "It sounded like a bomb going off. It was extremely loud and there was the sound of crumbling brick work."
After hearing the bang, Natasha rushed upstairs to look out of her bedroom window and was shocked to see her garden wall in pieces and a white car nudging into her back garden.
She said: "I wasn't aware of where the noise was coming from and I was quite shocked to find it was my garden wall."
The female driver, believed to be around 77-years-old, is believed to have driven straight across a junction without stopping and carried on into the wall. She suffered no injuries from her bash but was said to be slightly dazed.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 8 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
It is believed that the driver had suffered a temporary blackout, although she was not taken to hospital.
No serious damage was done to the garden itself, although a street lamp was knocked over and a live wire had to be made safe.
Natasha, who is an artist, said: "We had been working in the garden recently but luckily we hadn't really done that much on the side that she hit.
"We have tried to clear up the bricks but we are waiting to find out about what is going to happen with the wall first."
The couple, who have lived at their house for 20 months, say nothing like this has ever happened before.