Car driver killed in lorry crash
A CAR driver was killed in an horrific accident just outside Felixstowe Port today.The crash happened at about 2.30pm when an articulated lorry was in collision with a car in Trinity Avenue between the A14 sliproad and the Dock Gate Two roundabout.
By Richard Cornwell
A CAR driver was killed in an horrific accident just outside Felixstowe Port today.
The crash happened at about 2.30pm when an articulated lorry was in collision with a car in Trinity Avenue between the A14 sliproad and the Dock Gate Two roundabout.
Police said the driver of the Rover 416 was pronounced dead at the scene. Details of the person will not be released until next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic police sealed off the stretch of road outside the Anzani petrol station and office block and prevented vehicles from the port and A14 and Cavendish Park estates from using it while a full accident investigation was carried out. They warned there could be long delays and tailbacks this evening.
- 1 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 2 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 3 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 7 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 New special school planned for former BT site
- 10 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich