Car driver killed in lorry crash
A CAR driver was killed in an horrific accident just outside Felixstowe Port today.The crash happened at about 2.30pm when an articulated lorry was in collision with a car in Trinity Avenue between the A14 sliproad and the Dock Gate Two roundabout.
By Richard Cornwell
A CAR driver was killed in an horrific accident just outside Felixstowe Port today.
The crash happened at about 2.30pm when an articulated lorry was in collision with a car in Trinity Avenue between the A14 sliproad and the Dock Gate Two roundabout.
Police said the driver of the Rover 416 was pronounced dead at the scene. Details of the person will not be released until next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic police sealed off the stretch of road outside the Anzani petrol station and office block and prevented vehicles from the port and A14 and Cavendish Park estates from using it while a full accident investigation was carried out. They warned there could be long delays and tailbacks this evening.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated