Car fire inferno victim named
POLICE have named the man who was killed when his car rammed a tree and burst into flames in Culpho.Today flowers mark the spot where Daryl Harrington, 24, who had been staying in Ipswich, died.
POLICE have named the man who was killed when his car rammed a tree and burst into flames in Culpho.
Today flowers mark the spot where Daryl Harrington, 24, who had been staying in Ipswich, died.
No other vehicles were involved in the collision, which happened at around 6pm on Friday a few metres past Tuddenham Hall.
The driver of the Peugeot 205 was travelling alone from the Tuddenham direction at Culpho when his car left the road at the junction and hit a tree.
You may also want to watch:
It careered into a tree, then burst into an inferno, with the driver trapped inside. He is believed to have died instantly.
The road was blocked until 9.48pm on Friday as accident investigators surveyed the scene.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 4 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 5 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 6 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 7 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
The fatality took the total number of deaths on Suffolk's road this year to 42.
Anyone with information regarding this accident should contact Pc Steph Cook of Suffolk police on 01473 613500.