‘Smoking car’ shuts one lane of A14 near Orwell Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Police and firefighters are at the scene of an incident on the A14 at Nacton near Ipswich, close to the Orwell Bridge.
Emergency services were called at around 2pm to reports of a car on fire.
A police spokesman said smoke can be seen coming from the vehicle but it is not actually alight.
It is blocking one lane of the A14 westbound and traffic is building behind it.
No-one is thought to be injured and ambulance crews have not been called, the police spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Two people inside the car managed to get out quickly and police are assisting at the scene.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal