‘Smoking car’ shuts one lane of A14 near Orwell Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Police and firefighters are at the scene of an incident on the A14 at Nacton near Ipswich, close to the Orwell Bridge.
Emergency services were called at around 2pm to reports of a car on fire.
A police spokesman said smoke can be seen coming from the vehicle but it is not actually alight.
It is blocking one lane of the A14 westbound and traffic is building behind it.
No-one is thought to be injured and ambulance crews have not been called, the police spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Two people inside the car managed to get out quickly and police are assisting at the scene.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces