Car hits central reservation of A12 near Wickham Market and flips onto its side
A driver has escaped serious injury after their car came off the road, hit the central reservation and flipped onto its side.
Emergency services were called to the A12 southbound near Wickham Market in Suffolk shortly after 5.40pm today to reports of a single vehicle collision.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said the driver was not seriously hurt.
However the central reservation barrier was slightly damaged as a result of the crash, the police spokeswoman added.
Recovery has been arranged for the car, which is a red Citroen Xsara.
The police spokeswoman said the vehicle ended up off the carriageway, so there was no need for a road closure to be put in place while emergency services dealt with the incident.
The A12 is a major road in England that runs from London to Great Yarmouth, passing through Stratford, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Ipswich and Lowestoft.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 4 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
- 10 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
More information on travel disruption is available on our website.