Car overturns on A14 slip road near Claydon
- Credit: Archant
A car rolled onto its roof on an A14 slip road near Claydon this evening.
Police were called today at 9.30pm to the Claydon on-slip on the westbound carriageway.
Fire and ambulance crews attended the scene as smoke had at one point been spotted coming from the overturned car.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “We received several calls from members of the public to say a vehicle is on its roof.
“The vehicle is on its roof and is on the crash barrier.
“A vehicle is smoking so the fire service have been called.”
She said the driver of the car had escaped with only minor injuries and that a recovery vehicle was on its way to the scene to take away the overturned car.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 6 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 7 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 8 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
The road is now clear and traffic flowing freely.