Car overturns on A14 slip road near Claydon
- Credit: Archant
A car rolled onto its roof on an A14 slip road near Claydon this evening.
Police were called today at 9.30pm to the Claydon on-slip on the westbound carriageway.
Fire and ambulance crews attended the scene as smoke had at one point been spotted coming from the overturned car.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “We received several calls from members of the public to say a vehicle is on its roof.
“The vehicle is on its roof and is on the crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
“A vehicle is smoking so the fire service have been called.”
She said the driver of the car had escaped with only minor injuries and that a recovery vehicle was on its way to the scene to take away the overturned car.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
The road is now clear and traffic flowing freely.